Friday, September 11, 2009

"Calligraphy" art

So, the other day at D&D, my friend Kevin was getting frustrated at an assignment where he had to do art with 'calligraphy' lines. 
Anyway.
I thought it sounded like fun, so I gave it a go.  The results weren't the nicest things I've ever done, that's for sure, but I think it was a good exercise.  It was smooth, and fast, and not something about which I needed to care about.

I tossed a bunch, but here are the ones I saved.  

When I started, I wanted to do big, thick lines, and was using a big, thick brush, and painting on black construction paper (with details being done with a smaller brush).  None of these turned out well, but I find that I sort of like this image of Sprot, for some reason. 
 
Then I moved on to just using the thin brush.  Sprot again.  

 
A dragon.  (Painting on cardstock now, hence the various background colours)

 
Nyx.

 
Quare.  Not sure faces really work with this, but hey.

 
Quare again.  I think I hate this one, actually.  Not sure why I'm posting it.

 
Quare again.

 
Um... Quare's finger.

Anyway, these are fun.  I'll probably do more, later.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that second image of Sprot is lovely! Very fluid and simple but informative. I give you THUMBS UP! *thumbs up*

    (it's Zak btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :3 I'll be honest, that one is my favourite, too.

    ReplyDelete